Job Title: Stores Assistant
Reports To: Corporate Sales Manager
Salary: KShs 30,000
Our client an IT company within Nairobi is seeking to fill the position of a Stores Officer, who will be accountable for ensuring the day to day operations of the stores function that is receival; storage and disbursement are carried out in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain, encourage and possess “ownership mentality”.
- Resolve customer problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions.
- Ensure interior and exterior of store is maintained to company standards.
- Utilize labor management tools, including effective scheduling, to maximize productivity, profitability and margins.
- Conduct regular store meetings.
- Ensure employee awareness of safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintain and utilize surveillance equipment.
- Maintain adequate store supplies.
- Execute and monitor loss prevention programs.
- Assign service orders to technicians, schedule technicians to perform delivery and installation work at customer sites and ensure a first in/first out workflow.
- Ensure all orders are properly documented and released for pick-up.
- Responsible for preparation of work schedules.
Skills and Interests
- A good team leader with plenty of self-motivation.
- Able to communicate clearly with a variety of people at all levels.
- Committed to the needs of the customer.
- Adaptable and a quick thinker prepared to make decisions.
- Willing to take on responsibility at an early stage of your career.
- Comfortable with information technology.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and organizational skills.
- A diploma in purchasing and supplies from a recognized institution.
- 3 years experiences as a stores person in an IT company will be an added advantage
- Experience in use of sage-pastel
- Age 30-38 years
- Ability to effectively teach/develop others to next level.
- Strong operations experience in receiving, stock and inventory and office management.
Male candidates from Asian community are highly encouraged to apply.
Those fulfilling the requirements of the positions should email their application together with a detailed CV, indicating your availability via email to email@example.com on the Subject line clearly indicate the position you are applying for.
Recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
Disclaimer: Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements stated above need not apply.