Reporting to the Occupational Health & Safety Manager, the OHS Officer will be responsible for training staff and contractors in matters relating to Occupational Health and Safety as well as assisting with the implementation and follow-up with participants post training up to date advice OH& S matters for a fixed term of twelve months during construction and commissioning.
Key accountabilities include:
- Conduct safety related inductions.
- Prepare training reports.
- Providing OHS information to the employees, contractors and visitors.
- Collate and enter safety inspection reports into central data bases.
- Hold a tertiary qualification. Proven experience in lieu of a tertiary qualification will be considered.
- Have 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Be familiar with the legislative and statutory requirements of OH&S.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a challenging environment with a multinational workforce with minimal supervision and high ethical standards.
- Possess good computer skills.
- Have ability to work in a team.
- Hold a valid driving license+.