Our client, an International Luxury Hotel Chain in Nairobi, is looking to recruit a Catering & Events Coordinator.
He/she will be responsible for maximizing group and event sales revenues by soliciting new accounts, replying to all incoming inquiries and sending out proposals and information in a timely manner and ensuring guest satisfaction during events in house.
The suitable candidate will also act as a liaison between client / meeting planner and hotel operations as well as coordinate with other departments to execute the meeting and events with highest guest satisfaction.
- Coordinate catering sales and works closely with the sales team.
- Coordinates all catering, group sales, conference services and the banquet activities of the hotel ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for determining client space rental, service needs and negotiating space rentals/service contracts with potential clients.
- Ensures all catering, meeting and event inquiries are entered into opera sales & catering in a timely manner to ensure accurate forecasting and effective communication of events to relevant departments.
- Oversee all assigned groups, functions and events when they are in-house to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
- Assist in forecasting, budget planning and event marketing, for the department in conjunction with the director of sales and marketing.
- Conduct site inspections and invite clients to the hotel to build a rapport.
- Solicits and follows up on new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Prepares correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participates in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other catering sales related meetings as required.
- Works with other departments within the hotel to provide quality service to customers.
- Reports on conference and event activities and results and monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Furnishes sales monthly reports on a timely basis.
- Resolves booking conflict based on group importance, revenue potential, alternate dates.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the director of sales & marketing.
- Minimum education of Bachelor degree in business administration, marketing or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years catering or sales experience in a similar capacity, probably in a 5 star class environment.
- Full understanding of the luxury hotel market.
- Have a positive attitude toward challenges and the drive to excel.
- Possess professional disposition with excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 45,000 – 50,000/= (Approx. 450 – 500 USD) depending on experience
Deadline: 30th August 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.