Terre des hommes Foundation is the leading Swiss child relief agency, improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children.
To support the development of its Child Protection Project in Dadaab Sub-County, Garissa County.
Tdh is currently seeking Kenyan qualified candidate for the below position:
Child Protection Project Coordinator
Position Ref: Tdh/CPPC/2016/04
Reporting to: Child Protection Programme Manager
Duty station: Dadaab Main Office, Dadaab (with travels to Kambioos and Hagadera Project locations)
1 year with possibility of extension to end of project
The Child Protection Project Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of the implementation of the Child Protection project in Dadaab Sub – County.
Key focus is to manage, mentor and train 2 CP Project Managers and a team of professional child protection, administration and community workers.
Coordinate with the project leads of programme activities to ensure regular assessment of project needs and adequate standards of service provision are met.
Develop collaboration and participate in coordination with UNHCR, other UN agencies, and International, and the local agencies and authorities such as the Sub- County Children Officer, parents, operational partners.
The incumbent will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter.
- Minimum university degree in related field (Psychology, Sociology, Child Rights/Child Development Studies, Social Work).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing or coordinating the implementation of projects supporting children.
- Experience working in a complex refugee program environment or in refugee settings and managing child protection in emergencies settings is a plus.
- Experience with Behaviour Change techniques and approaches.
- Management of project funds.
- Team management experience (60 subordinates).
- Project reporting and evaluation experience.
- Hands-on experience in training and mentorship of staff.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Interested candidates that fit the above requirements are requested to submit a covering letter & CV to email@example.com stating their daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
Candidates who previously applied need not re-apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.