Vacancy in Religious Organization
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Oversight Scope: Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan
Contract: Two (2) years
Background: Our client, a Church, is searching for an Administration Manager to be based in the Head Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
The position will oversee three (3) national level staff in three East African countries, namely Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan.
Job Summary: This full-time position is responsible for overseeing the support operations provided by the church offices, ensuring that there is effective information flow and that church resources are employed efficiently.
Reporting to the Church President (CEO), the Administration Manager shall be responsible for daily management of a team of professionals performing administrative support duties which shall include financial management, accounting, church membership statistical reporting, facilities management, construction and maintenance of church buildings, vehicle fleet management and operations, events scheduling, purchasing and the church’s technology systems.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
a) Administrative and Financial
The ideal candidates will manage the following duties under this category:
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Organize and supervise events planning and other office activities.
- Assist the Personnel team in the development and administration of the personnel policies and procedures of the church.
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations.
- Participate and assist in the development of annual budgets.
- Break down organizational budgets to the national level staff under the position.
- Work with the church Accountant to assure all tax reports are promptly paid and filed on time.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of budgetary spending including:
- Monitoring inventory of office supplies and purchases;
- Monitoring costs and expenses and taking corrective action;
- Oversee the management of staff Pension Scheme.
b) People Management
The ideal candidate will be required to execute the following duties:
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space.
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Manage schedules and deadlines.
The candidate should have the following technical competencies:
- Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting or Finance option from a recognized University
- CPA (K) is an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate at least 15 years experience, 5 of which should be in a Senior Administration role.
- As an added advantage the ideal candidate should have regional experience.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Strong leadership abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) proficiency
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications by email only to email@example.com with the “job title” as the subject heading.
This should only include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae with three (3) professional referees (as one MS Word or PDF document).
DO NOT attach copies of certificates/testimonials.
Include your current and expected remuneration package in the cover letter.
Kindly follow these instructions to avoid disqualification of your application.
Note that the deadline for submission of applications is Monday, 8th August 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.