Job Title: College Administrator – Thika
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our client, a college located in Thika, is seeking to hire an administrator to organize and manage the administration, support systems and activities to ensure that the institution is running smoothly.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work on committees including academic boards, governing bodies and task groups;
- Assist with recruitment, public or alumni relations and marketing activities;
- Administer the ‘student lifecycle’ from registration or admission to graduation or leaving;
- Provide administrative support to an academic team of lecturers, tutors or teachers;
- Draft and interpret regulations and deal with queries and complaints procedures;
- Coordinate examination and assessment processes;
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance, including course evaluation and course approval procedures;
- Use information systems and prepare reports and statistics for internal and external use;
- Contribute to policy and planning;
- Manage budgets and ensure financial systems are followed;
- Purchase goods and equipment, and process invoices;
- Supervise other administrative staff;
- Liaise with other administrative staff, academic colleagues, teachers and students;
- Communicate with partner institutions, other institutions, external agencies, government departments and prospective students;
- Organize and facilitate a variety of educational or social activities.
Skills and Qualifications Desired
- A university degree in Education
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a higher institution of learning.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Team working skills and the ability to work independently without supervision;
- The ability to deal positively with change;
- Experience in organizing, prioritizing and managing time effectively;
- A flexible approach to work
- Strong leadership skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (College Administrator – Thika) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 5th August 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.