Our client are a leading general insurance company registered in Kenya that has been in operation for more than 30 years.
They have 13 branches, a staff base of over 140 people with an annual turnover in excess of 1.45 billion Kenya shillings.
They are renowned for developing innovative insurance products such as orient mobile, excess free motor pack, orient home and many other revolutionary products.
They are looking to fill the position of Head of Human Resources who will report to the Managing Director.
Are you passionate about managing a dynamic human capital in a fast paced business environment?
If so then we have the right job opportunity for you.
Job Purpose: The position is responsible for developing, leading and implementing Human Resource Strategies and policies that attract, develop and retain best talent while nurturing a performance culture to meet business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads in the development, review and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures to provide an employee-oriented high performance culture.
- Developing and implementing the HR strategy to meet the business objectives and provide a competitive edge.
- Leading and Implementing the Management Development Programs that attracts nurtures and retains talent.
- Developing and leading human Resource Capacity Building initiatives to enhance Performance and build Skills and Competencies in the organization.
- Leads in the development and implementation of staff benefits and rewards policies for the organization to attract and retain talent.
- Responsible for managing and executing an effective performance management framework.
- Facilitates staff training and development process in the organization to enhance the staff competencies, individual and Organizational Performance.
- Manages Succession Planning in the organization to ensure business continuity for critical positions and effective Talent Management System.
- Provides technical advice to the Directors, the management team and staff on Human Resources policy issues and regulatory framework.
- Takes a lead advisory role on the organizational change management initiatives.
- Designs and reviews the organizational governance structures and framework.
- Maintains the Risk Management Plan and Quality Management systems in the department.
- Maintains appropriate organization welfare schemes and staff wellness programs.
- Prepares & Monitors budget of Human resources Function.
- Any other duties and roles as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or equivalent Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Higher National Diploma in HR
- An MBA preferably in human Resources will be an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience, 5 of which should be at a Team Leader Role and above.
- Be a registered member of a recognized HR Professional Association
Functional Competencies (Professional / Expert Level)
- Knowledge of policies and procedures
- Recruiting, selection and placement
- Performance Management
- Talent Management
- Employee Relations
- Career Management & Succession Planning
Behavioural competencies Level (4)
- Analytical Thinking
- Leadership and developing others
- Professional confidence
- Working Strategically
Salary Budget: Attractive Salary Package
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website email@example.com on the vacancy page before close of business 05th August 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.