The following duties and responsibilities are attributed to this position:
- Analyse current and past financial data and performance
- Prepare reports and projections based on this analysis
- Prepare accurate and useful consolidated financial information for the shareholders
- Explore investment opportunities, through extensive financial modelling and forecasting
- Establish and evaluate profit plans
- Identify trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Identify key risks within the group and prepare risk profile matrix with proposed solutions to minimize exposure.
- Coordinating with other members of the Group finance team as well as working closely with the individual companies finance teams to review financial information and forecasts
- Providing financial models and forecasting for internal investments
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Consistently gain and update industry knowledge
- Any other duties that may be allocated from time to time
- Professionally qualified (ACCA / CIMA / CFA)
- 5 years relevant experience as a financial analyst
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Fluent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Ideally trained/worked with Big 4 firm or consultancy firm
- Expert-level analytical and financial modelling skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel and financial software applications
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies
- Well informed in current financial subjects, tax laws, money market and business environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English)
- Attentive to detail
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
Deadline for receiving applications 15th August 2016
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2320”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2320 Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th August 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.