Title: Head of Operations – Tanzania
Salary: 1800 – 2000 USD
Our client is a leading retail store in Tanzania.
They are looking to recruit a Head of Operations who will be tasked with the overall supply chain management, Purchasing, Ware Housing Logistics and Costing & Pricing.
1. Purchasing & Sourcing
- Ensuring the right product mix is available in each store.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with suppliers and transport partners.
- Negotiate with suppliers and transport partners to ensure the company gets favorable deals and terms of payment.
- Assist the management in sourcing for new products based on the market trends, customer preference and purchasing power.
- Ensure economical reorder levels and quantities are maintained both at the stores and the ware house to keep operational costs low.
- Ensure that the mode of transport does not compromise the integrity and commodity of goods and is also efficient and cost effective.
- Liaise with the logistics manager on the transfer and storage of products to ensure quality is not compromised.
- Stock taking and inventory counts at the warehouse.
- Liaise with the Accounts team in regard to inventory counts, value of obsolete and expired goods and the cost of transfer of inventory to the stores.
3. Costing and Pricing
- Review the costing and pricing of products with the help of the CFO to ensure profitability and suitability with customers needs
- To maintain a consistent retail price across regions (ensure price fluctuations do not occur or are minimized and transport costs are appropriately included)
- Oversee IT hardware and other company assets are well maintained and are used for the right purposes.
- Take part in the HR administration by conducting performance reviews and management and proposing training needs to empower the workforce
- Understand logistics of transporting goods (both from suppliers and to store branches) and advise management on strategies to used to reduce the costs.
- Analyze the products market to Identify product gaps, food trends and recommend strategies to improve the company’s competitive advantage.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by management from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in, Business, Finance, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or related field. Master’s degree or higher in a similar field preferred
- Minimum 4 years in operations/supervision in a retail store
- Candidates holding similar position preferred
- Result oriented, self motivated and energetic
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of computer packages
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Should be a team player
- Must be willing to Relocate to Tanzania
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head of Operations – Tanzania) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 2nd August 2016
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.