Our Client is urgently seeking to fill the Role of HSE Officer for its Plant in Mombasa.
The incumbent will be tasked with a role to Prepare, promote and support the implementation of the HSE Management System, Procedures and Standards
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance to HSE standards and guidelines.
- Provide guidance, assistance and advice through interpretation of Project HSE practices and procedures.
- Liaise with relevant authorities and to ensure Improvement and compliance/conformity with OSHA, NEMA.
- Promote and ensure compliance of all aspects of Behavior Based Safety (BBS).
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
- Acts as the Incident and Injury-Free (IIF) program leader for and promote an incident-free culture.
- Participate in introducing the HSE Program to all new employees within the team.
- Ensure that Safety Audits are conducted within their area of responsibility and that any open items are resolved.
- Lead in Risk Assessment of all processes across the production plant and strategic planning for all non-conformities.
- Advising technical operations promptly about unsafe plant, equipment or working conditions and ensure that the facility/operations at all times are in compliance to legal regulations
- University degree in Safety, Engineering, or related technical
- Certified Safety practitioner
- 5 years’ EHS experience in a manufacturing environment
Qualified & interested candidates to share their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org