Our client an IT firm based in Nairobi is looking to recruit a Finance Director.
The ideal candidate must have experience in the big 4 or boutique investment firms.
- Collaborate with the CEO and COO to create strategic growth plans.
- To raise the equity and working capital.
- Lead and work on structuring equity instruments to raise capital.
- Liaise with large institutional investors to create a pipeline of investors.
- Negotiate with large debtors and banks.
- Coordinate tax and audit filings in each country of operation.
- Maintain banking relationships and monitor accounts.
- Oversee revenue, expenses booking according to globally compliant practices.
- Manage financial reporting for investors and the Board of Directors.
- Provide reports to the management team on performance to budget, cash flow projections, and risks.
- Drive strategic improvements to global operation, including country-specific tax-efficient Maintenance of global inventory.
- Evaluate and engage with advisors as needed.
- Participate in risk management and legal activities, including client contracts, partnership agreements, investment papers, compliance, insurance, etc.
- Master’s degree and Bachelors in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent.
- Five years minimum work experience in Corporate Finance.
- Investment banking or strategic consulting experience.
- Some work experience in a multinational company, preferably with operations in Africa.
- Strong investment banking experience specifically in Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Extensive network in the Private equity space.
- Understand deal structuring from a sell side perspective.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in proposing new ways of creating efficiencies in global tax structures.
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, including Quickbooks.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Financial modelling expertise.
- Ability to manage a global, multi-cultural team of finance and accounting staff.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature.
- Ability and drive to work independently, solution-oriented.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English).
- Self starter and requires no operating manual.
- Copious amounts of humour.
Monthly gross salary: Competitive Remuneration depending on Skills and Experience
Deadline: 30th August 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.