Overview: Nairobi, Kenya-based Kehl Design Limited is looking for a senior and associate back-end web developer to join a team of in-house developers to expand our capacity and skillset.
- Develops custom, often complex WordPress-based solutions along with general PHP framework-based solutions.
- Aids sales staff, account managers, and others in requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions.
- Provides leadership in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s web offerings.
- Aids other developers with system design and implementation.
- Performs server maintenance and monitoring.
- Supports current client websites by providing technical support.
- Bachelor degree in related field or comparable experience in the web development required.
- Substantial experience working with similar technologies and environment.
- Experienced in developing for WordPress.
- Ability to breakdown client problems and develop a software solution from system design to implementation.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with good time management skills.
Works with: Principal, brand strategists, brand managers, designers, programmers, development, account service, copywriters, SEO manager; regularly engaged in internal and client meetings to explore and confirm project scope
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc) a plus. Laravel strongly desired.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus.
- Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git, a plus.
- Contributing to “scope of build” conversations with development team, project managers, designers and other developers
- Integrating sliced PSD files (usually already converted to HTML/CSS) into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform); many of our builds are responsive
- Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
- Setting up e-commerce applications
- Monitoring health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required)
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
- Contributing to support of current client websites
- Participating in regular company-wide and team meetings
- Participating in on-site and off-site client meetings
- Contributing to NSM’s best practices; recommending, exploring and implementing better ways to deliver
- Growing personal and team member expertise through training, exploring and prospecting
- Setting up multi-site WordPress builds
- Integrating feeds from social networks
- Custom developing blogs
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Integrating shopping carts
- Building out responsive layouts
- Developing wireframe mockups to illustrate possible solutions
- CRM integration
- Developing new plugins for WordPress
- Contributing to the build and development of internal web applications to run NSM’s internal systems and processes
- Working with offshore developers on specific project deliverables to assure scope, quality and timely delivery
- Developing documentation for complex systems
- Minimal content migration (separate team for this)
- Minimal front-end development
- Must be comfortable working with faith-based organizations
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Able to organize and run meetings, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
- Comfortable talking with clients (via phone, email and in person)
- Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Pleasant, personable demeanor (face-to-face, on the phone and via email)
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
- Capable planner
- A strong vocabulary
- Teachable spirit
- Sense of humor
How to Apply
Please Include A Cover Letter, Resume And At Minimum A Link To Your Personal Url/Portfolio.
We’ll Accept .Pdf Portfolios In Of Links Or Online Samples Of Your Work, But Please Submit These As A Download Rather Than An Attachment.
Send to email@example.com