MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
In partnership & collaboration with the Mombasa County Government / Department of Health, MSFCH implements ‘Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare’ services at the Mrima health facility in Likoni, sub-county of Mombasa.
The objective of the activities is to increase access to quality maternal & neonatal health care services to contribute in improving maternal and newborn outcomes.
Job Title: Purchaser
Location: Likoni, sub county of Mombasa
Length of contract:
3 months probationary contract with possibility of extension
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
Carries out the purchases of a supply office on the basis of purchase documents issued by the line manager and manages the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchasing.
- Constantly assess the local market, seeks products and suppliers that offer the best value for money, negotiates prices.
- At the request of the line manager, obtains different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy
- Place purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
Request invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, check they are correctly filled and translate information written in local language before approval.
- Regularly updates the supplier-item-price data on the supply office
Manage the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: complete purchase orders, check delivery notes (against orders), etc.
Manages the advances issued by the Finance Department.
- Assists in reception control process with the storekeeper and supply assistant.
- Update information on purchase lists after purchases are made.
Informs the Supply log/supply supervisor and LogCo/project log of all information or modifications to the “item-supplier” data: price, address, items available
In charge of recording client’s requests linked to procurement in UNIFIELD: encoding, routing
In charge of supply report procurement part: data extractions from UNIFIELD and analytical narrative.
Education: Essential, secondary education; commerce related studies desirable.
Experience: At least two years in supply chain related jobs
Computer literacy, Results, Teamwork
Languages: Essential, local language; mission working language
- Flexibility, Commitment, Service.
- Stress Management.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter and copies of certificates to http://www.uhired.me/job/59
before the 11th of August 2016:
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)