The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 4000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters – NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Verify that all vouchers and supporting documents are according to standard set in the Financial Handbook, and enter them into the accounting system.
- Follow up on advances and refunds
- Prepare and arrange bank withdrawals and transfers and present for verification.
- Record all cash movements
- Prepare periodic financial reports and submit for review
- Maintain the filling system for all financial and accounting for approval
- Make approved payments
- Any other duty assigned to you by your immediate supervisor
- Diploma in Finance / Accounting. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), level 2
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a donor grants management role
Education level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good financial analysis skills
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good computer skills in MS Office.
- Duty station: Dadaab
- Contract period is up to December 2016 with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab.
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Finance
- Role: Assistant
Deadline for application: 07/08/2016