Nova Academies is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
We look for passionate and creative individuals who are eager to bring in their diverse perspectives and experiences to develop innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Position: Technology Educator
Your role will be based at our Nova Ondiri Campus, Kikuyu Township, Kiambu County
Reports To: Principal
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody; you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities to help us grow
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
- Helping to design a world class computer studies programme that will be used in Nova schools across the region.
- Infusing joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence .
- You will be a founding member of the team that will develop the instructional model that we will use in our first school in Kenya in January 2016 and then in schools throughout the region.
- Ensure that technology is being used effectively and innovatively throughout the school
- Integrate interactive technology within lessons to enhance instructional delivery
- Maintain professional competence in instructional techniques and in specialized teaching through in-service education activities and self-selected professional growth activities
- Energetic and passionate about education.
- You have a world-class understanding of technology, programming, hardware, and software. You have such a strong understanding that you are able to teach others.
- You are able to develop new ways of presenting information that are both exciting yet still accurate. You are creative in the ways that you approach technology.
- You’re not scared of change. You thrive in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve. enough to deal with the changes of plan and unexpected tasks that arise in a founding school.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject(s) Engineering, Computer Science etc
- Certificate in teaching or interest in obtaining a certificate in teaching
- You have distinctive experience and interest in technology (e.g., coding) and have used technology in your teaching or have taught about the facets of technology that you already know.
- Knowledge of C programming is an added advantage.
If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.