Ref. nr.: 3154313440
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 4000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
- Coordinate and implement the ICLA project according to strategy, proposals and plans
- Develop in writing the project proposals
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Develop annual activity and work plans
- Training and development of CC staff
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Cooperate with relevant partners and local authorities
- Organize trainings for the CC team, relevant partners and beneficiaries
- Monthly activity/project reports and other reporting as required
- Ensure proper filing of all project documents
- University graduate in Law or Social Work with 5 years ICLA project implementation experience
- Knowledgeable in communicating in Somalia language is an added advantage.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and experience in serving refugees in harsh and insecure environment.
- Experience in durable solution activities for IDPs and refugees.
Education level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
Duty Station: Dadaab
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Information, Counselling & Legal Assistance
- Role: Middle / line manager
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Deadline for application: 06/08/2016