Job Title: Retail Manager – Renewable Energy
Salary: 200K – 250K
Our client is an award winning company conducting sustainable energy and retail business in developing countries.
They are headquartered in Berlin (Germany) and currently have six subsidiaries in Africa and projects in ten countries in Africa / Asia / America.
They seek to hire a Retail Manager who will lead the sales and marketing, warehouse and logistics and procurement teams.
He will play a crucial role in attaining profitability, constant growth and cost control within the retail sector on retail shop level.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement via sales team key distribution and sales channels and strategies to achieve better overall performance at the retail shop level
- Responsible to create and implement marketing strategies to support sales activities
- Undertake product/service awareness, promotions, advertising, branding initiatives to effectively achieve increased sales
- Be a stakeholder on the new site steering committee, help analyzing new proposed sites from a sales and marketing standpoint.
- Participate in social enterprise related ventures /business ideas
- Evaluate and implement key merchandising mechanism for each shop based on top selling/necessity SKUs to achieve profitable use of prime shelve space.
- Ensure implementation of FIFO policy.
- Undertake continuous analysis on the level of product quantities required and prices for the same with a view to achieving required gross profit targets on product level.
- Review cash status report at each shop to assist cash control, prior to releasing delivery to the shop.
- Implement via inventory accountant, warehouse manager and regional manager, a thorough stock taking procedure in all shops mandatorily in order to keep track of physical stock and report any critical issues immediately.
- Oversee in the acquisition, establishment and management of supplier relationships
- Oversee and secure better credit terms, returns policy and consignment purchase with suppliers to assist company cash flow management on company level.
- Constantly analyze and review the logistics strategy (own or outsourced transport, establishment of distribution center) in order to find new opportunities to lower the cost of goods sold.
- Prepare monthly budget for department costs to be presented to MD.
- Report quarterly on individual staff performance and suggest performance enhancing changes.
Skills and Qualifications Desired
- University degree and further education in Retail Management, Business Administration, Logistics, Procurement, Operations and/or any related field
- 7+ years experience in Kenya in retail, retail analysis, sales, marketing, supply chain, administration and/or related field.
- Must have Retail Sales Experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in English and Swahili.
- Excellent with standard office software (incl. MS Word and MS Excel or equivalent).
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills.
- Driving license
- Excellent understanding of retail nature in Kenyan/East African market
- Hands-on management style and willingness to spend time outside the office, sometimes under very harsh conditions
- Highly organized and ability to plan in advance.
- Good coach/motivator
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Retail Manager – Renewable Energy) to email@example.com before Friday 5th August 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.