Our client a waste management company in Kenya is seeking to fill the position of a Yard Manager urgently
Job Brief: The Job Holder will ensure smooth operations of the fleet and the yard by coordinating repairs and maintenance, fueling and driver pool management
- Maintains an organized and logical yard operation
- Plan daily / weekly manpower needs based upon business demands and closely monitors overtime hours
- Assigns tasks ensuring efficient allocation of labor maximizing productivity
- Oversees facility equipment: ensures equipment is safe, operational and regularly serviced
- Motivates trains and develops a productive cohesive team.
- Continually trains employees in the ergonomic and safe use and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Empower employees to take ownership in the use, maintenance and safety of all tools and equipment.
- Ensure employees are provided with and consistently use approved safety equipment.
- Conducts weekly safety meetings and consistently executes all safety policies.
- Directs supervisors and foremen ensuring safe working practices are strictly adhered to while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Conducts monthly safety/yard inspections, documents findings/observations and distributes to appropriate management personnel.
- Business related degree/Diploma
- At least three (3) years working experience in a transit company/garbage collection company
- Leadership skills
Email the CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th August, 2016 clearly indicating ‘Yard Manager ‘on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted