Vacancy: Autonews Editor
Job Brief: We are looking to till the position of a magazine features editor, for print and online motoring publication.
The opportunity requires an experienced individual to generate engaging and informative content that will attract wide readership.
The successful candidate will work with the Editorial Committee an ensuring consistency of the publication and the eventual transition of the online magazine into a printed copy in due course.
- The Editor will plan, coordinate, develop, design, review and oversee layout of edited publication for our organization. Co-ordinate publishing and manage content.
- Liaise with the Board to set publication standards.
- Generate ideas for features with writing staff and develop editorial calendar outlining which stories run across which months
- Source for articles internally and from the general reading public in line with motoring, road safety and related fields.
- Oversee the design and development of the publication: work with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers and artists to ensure the highest quality of the publication as adhered to.
- Networking with motoring sector events and the industry.
- Proven editorial working experience.
- Good Digital / online editing skills
- Experience with relevant publishing tools
- Excellent writing, analytical and probing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree Journalism, Communication or related degree
- Five years of editing / publishing experience
Please apply to the email below capturing the position as the subject: