Vacancy: Logistics Officer – Kakuma
Background: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an international not-for-profit humanitarian and development agency with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, and Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, and Zambia.
AAH-I has a long experience of partnering with UNHCR in delivering humanitarian assistance in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia and Somalia.
Action Africa Help International has been awarded a contract by UNHCR Kakuma to implement logistics and warehouse interventions for the refugee camp.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Logistics Officer will head the logistics team in operational matters relating to fleet management and general office administration while maintaining stipulated standards.
The role will work in close collaboration with the Workshop Officer and Warehouse Officer to ensure that operations are running efficiently.
S/he will enforce the adherence of safety regulations and follow up on security occurrences with the Security Manager.
The role will also act as the security focal person for Kakuma.
- Degree in Business Administration / Logistics Management or comparable training.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in logistics preferably with an INGO.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in Logistics management
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- INGO experience and understanding of humanitarian sector- an added advantage.
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission and values.
Kenyan nationals and candidates currently based in Kakuma are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed
or Drop their applications to Action Africa Help Kenya, Kakuma NCCK compound.
The Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only those selected for the interviews will be contacted and AAH-I does not charge for charge any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.