Job Opening: Warehouse Officer – Kakuma
Background: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an international not-for-profit humanitarian and development agency with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, and Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, and Zambia.
AAH-I has a long experience of partnering with UNHCR in delivering humanitarian assistance in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia and Somalia.
Action Africa Help International has been awarded a contract by UNHCR Kakuma to implement logistics and warehouse interventions for the refugee camp.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Officer will be responsible for managing the Warehouse Staff and facilities and ensuring that safety is always observed and warehouse well secured.
S/he will check and inspect all goods received for quality and specification as per bill of loading/packing list/waybills/invoice and ensure proper recording.
The role is responsible for managing the stores paper and preparing stock reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- University degree in Logistics/Warehouse Management/Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in warehouse management or comparable role.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in Logistics/Warehouse management
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, email, internet and computer applications)
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- INGO experience and understanding of humanitarian sector- an added advantage.
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission and values.
The full Job Description is available on the AAH-I website: www.actionafricahelp.org
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 31st August, 2016.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
Candidates currently based in Kakuma are encouraged to apply.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AAH-I does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.