Our client is look to fill the above named position.
The incumbent will be an Accountant with the following roles and responsibilities:
- Preparation and submission of Monthly Management accounts in line with the established timelines and templates.
- Reconciliation and closing of the General Ledger on a monthly basis.
- Preparation and submission of the Monthly Cash Flow Forecast and Budget in accordance to the parameters set by management.
- Proper preparation of payments to suppliers in consideration of the invoice ageing and the Cash Flow.
- Oversight on the movement of stocks. This includes farm inputs, packhouse materials, raw produce and final produce from the Packhouse. Any and all movement must be reflected in the relevant stock module using the correct supporting documentation
- Generation and maintenance of the asset register and all the supporting schedules for depreciation, addition, and disposals.
- Maintenance and frequent review and update of the tax accounts to ensure tax compliance. It is imperative that all tax returns are made in a timely manner and tax balances are adequately supported and communicated to management
- Preparation of the Variance Analysis Report for management against the prevailing budget. This will also include rend analysis for key accounts as identified by management
- General oversight over the controls around company assets. There is an expectation that any identified lack of or lapse in controls will be communicated to management immediately with a view towards improvement
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure that audited financial statements are prepared and submitted to the relevant authorities in a timely manner
- Bank Reconciliations for USD, KES and EUR bank accounts
- Posting ALL transactions in the relevant Accounting System
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Management
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- CPA (Section3)
- A minimum of 1-2years’ experience in a similar position
- Computer literate (MS Office Packages and Sage Pastel / QuickBooks / Tally)
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ladies are encouraged to apply
Salary: KShs 20,000 – 30,000 Gross depending on experience.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.