Department: Project Development
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide.
The Project Development Officer shall be responsible for:
- Facilitate the development and implementation of project cycle management;
- Keep track of all projects and programmes monitoring and evaluation schedules and work with the respective staff to design and implement monitoring and evaluation procedures;
- Update on a weekly and monthly basis the external relations database, which documents latest negotiations and proposal possibilities with a number of key donors;
- Develop high quality proposals for new projects
- Understand and disseminate Donors guidelines ;
- Liaise regularly with Area Coordinators, Programme Managers and technical staff to ensure the production of quality reports across areas and across Donors;
- Work with all departments to follow up project and programmes databases incl. work on the nomenclature used (official names etc.);
- Ensure that appraisal, monitoring and evaluation reports are made useful for fundraising and add to the general base of field knowledge in the country for all organisations working in the area;
- Ensure that local partners, when appropriate, engaged in appraisal for and/or with ACTED are trained and given advice in participatory approaches, minimalizing bias, and other key methodologies for information gathering;
- Follow up work plans, activities and their quality;
- Communicate regularly to the regional Programme Managers and Coordinations on all activities;
- In relation with the Project Development Manager and Country Director, ensure that all meetings are held and documented (capital coordination meetings, area coordination meetings, monthly coordination meetings, quarterly country coordination meetings);
- Define the main target groups, activities, resources and partnerships needed;
Other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the PDM or the CD
- Degree in Political Science, International Development studies or related field is preferable.
- Demonstrated experience in project development in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent experience in proposal writing
- Understanding of the developments issues and/or work experience in Somalia
- Well versed with computer knowledge
- Excellent communication skills with knowledge of both internal and external communications environments.
- Proactive, self-starter – able to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to the field
- Understanding and ability to speak Somali language is an added advantage
- Flexible, enthusiastic and a willingness to listen and learn from others.
- Ability to work independently.
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their cover letter accompanied by updated curriculum vitae with day time contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 12th September 2016.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. If you receive any email/calls in relation to ACTED’s recruitment and you are unsure about its validity or origin, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.