Overall Mission: The role of Business Director is responsible for the overall client relationship for exciting accounts, driving both the client and the agency business forward.
This position requires a blend of:
- Client leadership and account management
- Multinational media coordination activities
- Development and application of strategic planning principles
- Media best practices
- Local strategy and media performance support.
You will lead the account team from strategy through to implementation and results. The successful candidate will need to have exceptional negotiation skills.
You will ensure that solutions provided are on strategy and exceed the client’s expectations.
You will be responsible for the overall growth and performance management of individual account team members as well as the performance of the business
- Take responsibility for the day to day account management
- Strengthen and expand client relationships across all areas and levels of their business being astutely aware of how we can help our client’s business.
- Recognize and drive organic growth and create opportunities to cross sell network related services/products.
- Focus on client satisfaction through impeccable account management and excellence from all other departments.
- Rapidly resolve client issues when they occur – tackle them quickly, proactively and positively.
- Develop relationships with key contacts in client’s partner agencies (where appropriate).
- Develop and drive throughout the team insightful creative briefs.
- Ensure your team adheres to agency systems to ensure the sound management of projects with quality control procedures for each project.
- Review monthly financial reports to ensure your team are aware of the financial status of accounts and agency.
- Develop best practice guidelines and media principles for local markets to ensure adherence to central strategic frameworks
- Work with local teams to ensure full understanding of central strategies and support the development of innovative local activation of central strategies
- Act as custodian of central client processes and ensure network-wide understanding and compliance
- Manage the Media Manager and Account Executive to ensure delivery of their responsibilities and their development
- As and when needed, support in the development of RFI submissions and Pitch support; helping coordinate and ensure all the elements for a successful pitch are in place.
- Support other more junior and client team members when needed
- Management of processes with local agencies, animate the network/’good-will’ and ways of working
- Ensure application of process to manage quality service delivery to client
- Propose improvements of ways of working when necessary
- Exceptional communication and presentational skills.
- Ability to present ideas and concepts to clients on an individual and group basis.
- Experience of working closely with senior management (
- Experience of successfully leading client accounts covering all digital channels, including front end development and web build through to brand and comms pieces, on a local and global scale.
- Proven experience of proactively growing accounts; working on future-gazing, strategic projects and regularly pitching for more business.
- Driven to achieve, with a passion for digital.
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of successful and profitable delivery.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a complex and varied workload.
- Financial Services sector experience beneficial but not essential.
- 10-15 years of experience in the media industry
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Knowledgeable, authoritative and master in client relationship
- Media Manager
- Account Exec (TBC)