Job Title: Principal
Nature and Scope of the job: The school Principal will serve as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe business learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school.
- S/He shall establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for career performance and responsibility for growth
- Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, practical activities, discipline systems, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations and emergency procedures. Ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations.
- Establish the annual master schedule for instructional programmes, ensuring sequential learning experiences for students consistent with the school’s philosophy, mission statement and instructional goals.
- Supervise the instructional programmes of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning, career growth and development.
- Establish procedures for evaluation and selection of instructional materials and equipment, approving all recommendations.
- Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school. Ensure a safe, orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high morale among staff and students. File all required reports regarding violence, vandalism, attendance and discipline matters.
- Establish a professional rapport with students and with staff that has their respect. Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, guardians and school personnel. Serve as a role model for students, dressing professionally, demonstrating the importance and relevance of professional learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the education profession. Encourage all teachers to do the same.
- Notify immediately the Board, and appropriate personnel and agencies when there is evidence of misconduct, severe medical or social conditions, potential suicide or students appearing to be under the influence of controlled substances.
- Keep the Board advised of employees not meeting their contractual agreement.
- Research and collect data regarding the needs of students, and other pertinent information
- Any other tasks as may be advised by the directors from time to time
- S/He must have fundamental aspects of leading and managing a school.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a related role
- Must have a proven track record of leadership in a professional learning institution
- Must have a degree in business or relevant field
- A masters degree would be preferred with administrative skills as added advantage
- A mature and family oriented adult of minimum age 35.