The IT Helpdesk Technician will report to the ICT Manager and will provide first and second line help and support for office based and remote staff spanning 5 different locations (Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia & Rwanda).
Established over 100 years ago, CABI is an intergovernmental not-for-profit science-based development and information organisation.
The successful candidate will among other roles, troubleshoot all IT issues in a timely manner, ensuring all IT helpdesk requests are logged using helpdesk software; support active directory configuration, ensure licensing compliance for all software purchased and recorded as per CABI procedures, liaise with ICT Manager and procurement team to ensure adequate stock of consumables are maintained, assist with implementation of IT projects when required, assist in image deployment using crucible deployment tool and completing internal user moves.
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or related field from a recognized institution.
- Microsoft certification; MTA, MCSA and or other equivalent
- At least two (2) years hand on experience of working in a technical support environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office and operating systems
- Knowledge of desktop and laptop computer hardware, peripherals and multi-functional printers
- Exceptional communication skills
- User account administration with Active Directory
- Experience in the building of end user PCs and laptops
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2013 administration, previous experience in IP telephony infrastructure, Office 365 administration, setting up and maintaining Windows Servers (2008 – 2012 R2 and Mac OSX troubleshooting are desirable.
How to Apply
- a covering letter describing in full how you meet the candidate profile, and to include details of your current remuneration;
- a full curriculum vitae;
- the name and contact details of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent employer – referees will not be contacted without your prior permission.