The Operation Manager – Mobile will play a key role in managing the functional and commercial relationship between CABI and the key stakeholders in the mobile industry (e.g. Mobile Network Operators, Value Added Service (VAS) providers, content providers, rural service providers etc.).
Established over 100 years ago, CABI is an intergovernmental not-for-profit science-based development and information organisation.
The successful candidate will among other roles, work closely with Global Director – Mobile to formulate and implement CABI’s mobile strategies (Go2Market, Product/Service Design etc.) in the countries/regions of operations, oversee and ensure that the key stakeholders are engaged as per the requirement of the mobile projects of CABI in different countries, recruit and manage sub-contractors and outsourced service partners, develop business models and cases for new mobile services, develop project concepts/proposals, define service descriptions and work with IT and Business Development teams to deliver the new product/services, monitor key local and regional trends in mobile service provision and recommend tactical responses.
- A post graduate degree in communication, commerce, business management or related field
- At least five (5) years’ experience of working with mobile network providers and value added service providers in similar or related fields.
- Good understanding of mobile VAS industry norms and processes
- Good business networking
- Ability to develop project concepts/proposals
- Good marketing and communication skills
- An entrepreneurial mind passionate for social development
How to Apply
- a covering letter describing in full how you meet the candidate profile, and to include details of your current remuneration;
- a full curriculum vitae;
- the name and contact details of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent employer – referees will not be contacted without your prior permission.