- Investigate capital markets financial crimes, conducting forensic analysis of financial data and prepare forensic reports from financial findings;
- Perform forensic research to trace funds and identify assets for recovery;
- Prepare analytical financial information for litigation and testify if need be;
- Receiving complaints from investors and other stakeholders and identify capital market violations to be investigated;
- Formulate investigations plans on investigations and identify the various stakeholders who are affected and require to be informed and involved on the matter under review;
- Investigate complaints and obtain relevant evidence to support investigation findings;
- Actively engaging with the Capital Markets Authority Fraud Investigations Unit of the Directorate of Criminal Investigations on violations with criminal elements;
- Engaging all other departments within the Authority to enhance efficiency in investigation matters;
- Receiving and reviewing information on illegal operations of unlicensed market intermediaries and carry out background checks and site visits; and
- Undertaking any other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Finance, Commerce or any other related field;
- Two (2) years relevant work experience preferably in forensic audit
- Professional qualification (CFE, CISA, CPA or equivalent) and membership to relevant professional body are an added advantage.
- Skills in forensic accounting and ability to think analytically and to pay great attention to detail;
- Sound understanding of potential capital markets fraud schemes and the Capital Markets Regulatory Frame work;
- Strong presentation and communication skills including ability to write reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team;
- Organization and analytical skills.
Applications should be received on or before August 31, 2016
Persons with at least two (2) years’ experience in Forensic
Investigations are encouraged to apply.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.