Job Title: Chef Trainer (Equator School of Cooking)
Scope of work:
- Overall management of the School of Cooking and its activities.
- Develop and execute all of the School of Cooking plans (teaching, follow-up, experience sharing etc.)
- Undertake budgeting and planning
- Produce progress reports of all activities as required
- Teach and supervise the teaching of all the students
- Liaise closely with all staff; canteen, kitchen and lodge to ensure synergies and linkage
- Liaise with Vocation Training Authority in view of maintaining the Schools ‘course outline within the approved government curriculum.
- Achieve service excellence through Teamwork
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Certificate/Diploma in Catering and Hotel Management from a recognized institution.
- A teaching background of not less than three (3) years within the culinary arts will be an added advantage.
- Experience in coordinating trainings and good understanding of policy issues related to Vocation Training Authority.
- Management experience and good interpersonal skills
- Able to deliver instructions and training in both English and Swahili languages.
- Ability to design and deliver effective and stimulating trainings
- Should be a qualified Chef.
- Computer literate specifically in the use of packages like MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Swahili languages.
- Well- developed interpersonal skills and proven ability to manage and lead a team.
All applications (CV, academic certificates, and application letter) should be directed to the department of human resources.
Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application only once for each job vacancy and if qualified.
Kindly send your cv in MS-Word format only
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.