The Role reports to the CEO
Management Accounting (including Payroll)
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budget execution reports
- Computation and payment of staff salaries (payroll) on a monthly basis
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
- Responsible for timely monthly-consolidated financial statements, payments, and cash flow management reporting for submission to the management.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of all financial transactions
- Recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transactions and events in accordance with accepted international accounting principle and financial reporting standards
- Handle the full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role e.g. Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, forecasting, budgeting etc.
- Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
- Review & recommend payment vouchers & journal entries
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the organization.
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- Invoicing and Accounts receivable
- Credit control limits as per contracts
- Debt collection
Competency Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Experience)
- CPA (K) and an active member of ICPAK
- Min Degree in Accounting/Finance/ACCA qualification
- Min 5-7 years relevant experience in financial & management accounting particularly in a service industry
- Good experience in audit and costing is desirable.
- Excellent experience in handling a huge payroll
- Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels.
- Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in Accounting Software.
- Able to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Working experience in Sage Pastel (Accounting Software) or an ERP is highly regarded.
- Ability to plan, manage and follow through on assignments and communicate at all levels of the organization in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner.
Key Performance Indicators
- Financial statements of accounts
- Budgets and Cost saving initiatives
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Invoicing schedules
- Timely collection of debts
- Business performance reporting by cost center
- Cost control initiatives
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st September 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Chief Accountant”