Vacancy: Chief Accountant
The Chief Accountant will manage the finance function and take leading role in associated activities like investments, risk management and while also ensuring that adequate internal control structures and systems are implemented.
The person will engage in financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction analysis and reviewing operational business performance aspects of the company.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the Finance department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investments and business expansions.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Maintain good banking relationships.
- Assist in determining the company’s most efficient capital structures.
- Manage financial risks related to the interest rates on the company’s financial transactions
- Manage the process of timely preparation of the company’s budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
- Oversee the extension of credit to customers and farmers.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment.Will be expected to travel as needed.
Supervises: All the finance department staff.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) certification.
- Or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management.
- Should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
- Should be at least 30 years.
Salary: Ksh 60,000 – 75,000 Gross
All Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.