Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Purpose: Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the organization, the COO manages daily operations (HQ with 90 employees, manufacturing site) necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure smooth operations.
The COO oversees all customer facing positions including marketing, sales and product management in the organization.
- Review individual department plans for the upcoming year, focused on sales and production goals, budgets, staffing and any structural changes to all departments
- Development of goals and budget with every department including feedback sessions and reporting
- Handling of daily operations focused on sales and marketing team
- Representation of organization at national and international level
- Overseeing factory operations at manufacturing plant (having expats on spot to handle daily operations)
- Aligning production, sales and marketing in terms of planning and forecast
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience within a managerial position within the furniture manufacturing industry
- Hands-on experience within sales and marketing in furniture manufacturing industry
- Strong understanding of production processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Cultural affinity and flexible to adapt to new culture
- Directly reports to CEO
- Key Person to manage daily operations and grow future business opportunities
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.