Start Date: September 2016
Duration: One year, with the possibility of renewal. Renewable subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors and Master’s degrees in Commerce, Finance, or related fields
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. CPA(K), ACCA, CFA
- At least five years’ experience in finance management
- Experience in an NGO setting is desirable especially in the health sector is a plus
- Good communication, people management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through teamwork
- Strong financial acumen and an in depth grasp of financial principles and practices
- Sound knowledge and command of budget development;
- Proven conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis;
- A record of improving operational performance in a similar role;
- Highly developed IT skills; Proficiency in office computer software including managing databases
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Navision, Sage Pastel or similar finance packages
- Understanding of accounting and financial management issues.
If you meet the selection criteria, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cover letter (maximum one page on a font 11) stating your current position and current remuneration level if applicable
- A current CV (maximum 5 pages on a font 11) with the names and contact information for three referees.
- Three letters of reference, one of which should preferably be from a previous employer
- Copies of ALL academic certificates
- Copies of RELEVANT professional certificates
- Your email address and daytime telephone number (landline or mobile).
Consortium for National Health Research (CNHR),
P.O. Box 29832-00202, KNH,
Your application should reach us on or before Friday 12th August 2016.