Are you passionate about technology, with very strong organizational skills and the attitude and the ability to get things done?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join our ICT team. Reporting to the Head – Head – ICT Projects, the person’s primary responsibility will be management of projects to ensure that the expected objectives are delivered on time and within budget.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Lead and manage implementation of projects including competing time demands for multiple projects within given timeframes.
- Lead the development of, and assist clients with the development of quality requests and analysis of new system requirements and information requests. This includes facilitating the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements and or assisting in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas;
- Be responsible for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and/or termination during the project or projects.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation.
- Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements. This will involve interacting regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
- Be an advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients’ needs as appropriate to senior management. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology by developing methods to monitor projects or area progress, and providing corrective supervision if necessary.
- Participate in the planning and/or testing phases.
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, risks, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an ICT related field from a recognized university with a Certification in Project Management – Prince 2 or PMP.
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various ICT projects.
- Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff.
- Energy and enthusiasm with a strong client focus.
- Experience in business process analysis preferably in a multi discipline environment.
- Highly developed analytical skills with an ability to remain focused on outputs and to adjust delivery mechanisms to meet deadlines and client needs.