Our Client: The firm has been established with the vision of building a Pan African network of Colocation Data Centers.
The firm will build and operate a state of the art, (Tier 3), vendor and carrier neutral data centers to serve a broad spectrum of clients – telecom carriers, ISPs and peering points, IT and cloud providers, content providers and corporates.
The company’s objective is to be the largest independent colocation data center operator in Africa over the next five years.
Job Title: Corporate Finance Analyst
Job Purpose: An individual keen to work in a startup environment and passionate about Africa’s growth, understands technology and wants to be part of a great growth story.
This position works closely with the CEO on building long term value for the company and will be focused on fundraising, analysis of performance, investor relationships and strategy.
Job Location: Nairobi
- Work with the CEO to create strategic growth plans and to raise the equity and working capital needed to implement these plans
- Lead and work on Structuring equity instruments to raise capital
- Liaise with large institutional investors to create a pipeline of investors
- Negotiate with large debtors and banks
- Support with Tax strategy
- Manage financial reporting for investors and the Board of Directors
- Support in budgeting and other finance functions
- Drive strategic improvements to global operation, including country-specific tax-efficient structures, transactions between parent and subsidiary, and maintenance of global inventory.
- Evaluate and engage with advisors as needed
- Participate in risk management and legal reviews
Qualifications and Skills:
- Three to Five years minimum work experience in Corporate Finance
- Some investment banking or strategic consulting experience
- Some work experience in a multinational company, preferably with operations in Africa
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, including Quickbooks
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Financial modeling expertise
- Ability to manage a global, multi-cultural team of finance and accounting staff
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature, ability and drive to work independently, solution-
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent
Further Requirements (Good to Have)
- Strong investment banking experience specifically in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Good network in the Private equity space
- Understand deal structuring from a sell side perspective
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in proposing new ways of creating efficiencies and navigating global tax structures
- No shortage of ambition and good karma
Send your CV (in Word format) titled with your Name via email with the Subject Line as “Corporate Finance Analyst” to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 11 August 2016.
No phone calls please.
In your application, please specify:
- Current Gross Salary with Benefits;
- Expected Gross Salary with Benefits; and
- Related Experience justifying your application.