Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, a global transport and logistics Company with offices in more than 80 countries and represented by agents in many more is seeking to recruit a Manager – Contract Logistics.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor KPIs on quality, cost, profitability and efficiency on warehouse operations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for warehouse operations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory records though the systems and ensure that inventory reporting is as per Company expectations and requirements.
- Be the first window for local/ international inquiries either directly or through the Company’s Network.
- Initiate and secure implementation of new business – and subsequent monitoring
- Developing business by gaining new contracts, analyzing logistical challenges and seeking solutions.
- Liaising and negotiating with customers and suppliers.
- Managing relationships with new and existing clients and upselling of new products.
- Solutions development and operations management for General Warehousing.
- Source, identify and categorize 3rd party subcontractor (cost, service, quality, location, flexibility).
- Implement controls in running of the warehouse operations.
- Management of warehouse operations vendors.
- Ensure all material-handling equipment, structures or materials are maintained, including regular safety inspections.
- Ensure Safety standards are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain proper security, safety and good housekeeping of both premises and stocks.
- Manage the human resources needs of the warehouse team and monitor performance.
- A minimum of 5 – 6 years proven track record in warehouse management, sales of logistics, clearing and forwarding services. Must have experience in supervising teams.
- Experience in management of bonded warehousing will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of a degree in any business related course and a diploma in warehousing/logistics/supply chain Management from a reputable learning institution.
- Good Computer skills.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Knowledge in customs and clearance procedures for both imports and exports.
- Excellent people management skills.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 28th
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.