Summary of Primary Duties: Under the guidance of and in coordination with the Grants Manager, the Grants Officer/s will enhance grant fund performance through participation in identifying business opportunities for KIWASH fund, business appraisals through financial and risk assessments, day to day monitoring of the fund recipients, compliance and cost share management.
- Participate in due diligence processes on potential fund recipients for KIWASH fund.
- Assist in pre-award visits to prospective recipients to assess their capabilities firsthand.
- Assist in the review of applicants proposals and budgets
- Reviewing recipients financial reports for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure cost share is well documented and maintain an updated excel tracking record
- Facilitate procurement of related items for KIWASH fund recipients
- Maintain an updated copy of inventory of all items procured by KIWASH
- Ensure and maintain updated fund performances schedules by recipient
- Participate in providing ongoing training and support to fund recipients.
- Participate in site visits financial reviews and prepare site visit reports
- Assist in the close out process of sub grant agreements and sub contracts
- Fully contribute to grant related meetings as may be requested
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Additional certification or qualification in Cooperative management, microfinance, risk management or credit management is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 4 to 5 years of professional experience in a financial institution
- Demonstrated experience in review of financial reports and funding business proposals.
- Ability to communicate effectively to sub grantees and provide timely feedback.
- Ability to write reports in English is required.
- Ability to communicate and relate to team members at all levels of an organization
- Fluency in English is required
Reporting: The Grants Officer/s will report to the Grants Manager.
Interested applicants should apply via the link, https://kiwashproject.formstack.com/forms/grants_officers_readvertisement_ by August 31, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics