Position: Dispatch Supervisor
Nature of Job: Full time
Job Summary: The dispatch supervisor will manage a team of 200 staff in loading, drivers, turn boys, mechanics and fleet assistants.
He will manage a big fleet in a busy manufacturing company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment
- Implements and monitors a preventative maintenance program to ensure cost effective maintenance and scheduled maintenance
- Making follow ups with drivers and mechanics on transit
- Maintaining a complete inventory system through recording of maintenance equipment, fuel, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Monitors user departments by analysis of vehicle and equipment utilization and evaluation of equipment specifications.
- Supervises all Fleet Services employees; trains, evaluates and schedules work
- Assists in the development of the Fleet Services budget and adjusts and administers all Fleet Service purchases, including parts, tools, and office supplies
- Keeps maintenance and repair records; performs preventive maintenance on all vehicles; orders repair parts.
Key Requirements and Skills
- Any post- secondary Diploma with auto mechanical know how (even basics)
- Previous experience as a fleet supervisor or logistics supervisor
- Must have worked in a manufacturing company supervising a big fleet
- Must be on a 24- hour call
- Ability to lead and manage a big team
- Very good at planning and making follow ups
- Mature, responsible and well organized
If qualified send CV urgently to email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.