Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Elective Africa ‘’EA’’ is seeking an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant as an Intern to join our unique Education and Expedition Company.
Elective Africa is a leading organizer of Education and Expedition Travel Programs in Africa and is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Accounts Intern will be responsible for executing accounting duties in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- To manage and control cash transactions compliant to company policy and internal audit requirements
- Safekeeping of cash and supporting/source documents
- To manage suppliers payments on time & with efficiency
- Manage the programs sales accounts receivables
- Detailed recordkeeping of both soft & physical filling
- Weekly and monthly reporting of accounting duties to management
- Capturing of transactions in accounting software package (Pastel)
- Develop program pricing & budgets as needs arise
- Ensure reconciliations are done correctly and stayed within budgets by staff
- To wok closely with business development team and avail strategic support
- Bachelors’ degree in a accounting, finance economics or other business with a minimum degree of second class honors upper division
- Professional qualification CPA, ACCA or an equivalent is a must
- Understanding of financial reports and general ledger reconciliations is necessary thus minimal prior experience will be an added advantage
- Have acquired a minimum of a B+ in the KCSE
- Basic Computer Skills (Word and Excel)
- Proactive and results oriented and willing to work closely with other departments
- Should possess excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and listening skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and a self starter
- Updated curriculum vitae.
- Copies of your academic and professional certificates.
- Email and telephone contacts of three references.
- A one page statement on why you believe you are suited for this position.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted