Fairview Hotel and Town Lodge by City Lodge Hotel Group
Position Vacant: Food and Beverage Manager
Aim of the role: To offer leadership in the running and management of the Food and Beverage Service Department.
Outline of Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and price.
- Ensure that information which is required to compile meaningful budgets is available at all times.
- Ensure all menus are calculated correctly to obtain maximum profit.
- Ensure that all expenses are within budget limits.
- Ensure that the use of casual labour is kept to a minimum, in line with payroll to sales and authorised by the General Manager.
- As instructed you may be required to assist with the completion of SLA documents which are completed with service providers on a monthly basis / other as stipulated.
- Ensure that all employment procedures are adhered to and the relevant documents duly completed.
- To ensure that all staff under your control are fully informed in respect of disciplinary procedures, the handling of grievances.
- To hold daily meetings with restaurant and banqueting teams to ensure that operations and information is passed smoothly and ensure that VIPs are timeously identified and any special arrangements properly communicated.
- Ensure the safety and security of the staff, guests and hotel property.
- Ensure that all required stock takes are conducted in line with audit requirements.
- Ensure that all equipment is used, stored and maintained in line with operating procedures.
- To ensure that all areas under your control satisfy the most stringent hygiene requirements and that staff who are injured while at work receive correct treatment and/or are not allowed to work.
- Contribute to and support the “I’m Kind” programme.
- Duty Rosters must be prepared and published by the 25th of each month, the Duty Roster folder on K-Drive updated, and a copy sent to the General Manager.
- Ensure the continued training and development of self and all staff.
- Ensure that all food, beverage and vending is presented in line with hygiene requirements and to the highest standard at all times.
- Ensure that highest possible standard of cleanliness is achieved and maintained at all times
- Ensure that every guest receives exceptional service at all times.
- Ensure that all LodgeAbility Service Encounters are continuously trained and adhered to at all times.
- Adhere to the City Lodge Values and Fundamental Principles at all times.
- Attends all training sessions as scheduled.
Replacement and Temporary Mission
- May be assigned to perform reliever duties when need be.
Basic Conditions and Benefits of Employment: These are in line with normal company policies and practices, specific details will be communicated to an applicant should he/she qualify for consideration.
Line of Reporting and Communication:
- Responsible To: General Manager.
- Responsible For: Food and Beverage Service Department.
- In Communication With: Other Hotel Departments
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Level Of Literacy: Must be able to read and write in English & Kiswahili. A foreign language will be an added advantage.
- Level Of Numeracy: Must possess excellent numeracy skills.
- Level Of Communication Skills: Must be in possession of excellent communication skills
- Level Of Formal/Professional/Education & Training: Higher Diploma in Wine & Bar Food and Beverage Service operations. In addition a college certificate in a Management Course.
- Level Of Experience In Job Advertised: 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a 4/5 star hotel environment.
- Leadership Skills: Must have demonstrable leadership skills
- Negotiation Skills: Ability to effectively negotiate with internal and external parties.
- Flexibility: The candidate must be flexible in terms of working hours to ensure presence during service times.
How to Apply
Apply to The General Manager – Fairview Hotel Limited
Send your CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 29th August 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.