Farmers recruitment, advice, training & record keeping
- Recruit new farmers as per instructions from the Head of FSSD
- Advice the farmers on company recommendation as given per individual products, advice on ordering of farm inputs including regular reminders on the product usage procedures to the farmers
- Implement growing programme and subsequently quality targets of the company.
- Undertake scouting in your respective area
- Ensure farmers Contract agreement forms are duly filled; farmers have been issued with cards & the cards are in use
- Keep proper & up to date farmers records as follows:
- Names of farmers
- Areas of production
- Approximate farm sizes
- Product in production
- Quantities planted and when planted
- Expected time of harvest and approximate quantities
- Prepare production plan & budget per product
- Prepare production estimates per product report
- Make reports on crop condition month by month and give projection of expected yields
- Make reports on compliments, suggestions and competition. Hand in to the office weekly
- Prepare scouting report & submit weekly report
- Prepare a general report on the area – weekly
- Write farm visit reports daily and ensure the farmer has signed the report. Hand in weekly to the office.
- Report on the actual weekly expenses and hand over to the office. Fill the actual week expenses sheet – by end of day Friday. Hand in weekly to the office
- Fill out the general journal for reconciliation – summary of expenses by end of day Friday. Hand in weekly to the office
- Code of practice – GAP
- Oversee implementation of codes of practice to be carried out by the farmers.
- Give monthly report updates on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) as done by the farmers
- Attend all policy meetings & company meetings
- Arrange for and attend meetings / training with farmers – regularly
Maintain company image & integrity – always
- University Degree/Diploma (Bsc in Horticulture, Agronomy or Farm management) or Higher Diploma in Farm management with additional qualification in management,
- 3-/years’ experience in farm management responsibilities or similar position will be added advantage
- Must be willing to be HANDS ON and fully be engaged in the field
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication & interpersonal skills
- Person should be able to work for long hours.
- Have the drive end aspiration for results
- Good computer knowledge: Excel and Word
- Good command in both spoken and written English, Kiswahili
Must have a clean driving license class BCEFG
Salary: Ksh 15,000-20,000 gross depending on experience.
All Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.