Frontline is cloud & Android-based SMS management and automation software.
We are looking for a great new programmer to join their team of five devs. If this is you, you will be working full-time in their Nairobi office as part of a close-knit and interdependent DevOps team.
We’re especially excited to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in formal software QA and testing, both manual and automated.
- A keen eye for design, and experience in designing for or implementing modern, dynamic web-apps.
- A strong Microservices / SOA backing, and experience in bringing webapps to scale.
We’re looking for a full stack engineer, experienced in both front- and back-end work.
- Java or another object-oriented, statically-typed programming language.
- At least one modern MVC web application framework.
- 2-5 years experience as a Full stack developer
- Position open to excellent candidates with 1-2 years experience as well and-
- Senior developers with over 5 years for a senior position.
- Groovy and the Grails framework.
- Amazon Web Services.
- Android development.
- Kanban, Scrum and related Agile processes.
More reason to join the company;
- The Developer role is based full time in their Nairobi office.
- They’re a small team mostly based in Nairobi, with a few of the team in the US and UK.
- They’re a 10 year old organization in perpetual beta. They look and act like a startup, always encouraging new ideas, maintaining a flat management structure, and offering lots of autonomy.
- For the right client you may have a chance to travel, so have your passport ready.
- Health insurance.
- Flexible working hours based around common sense and your out of work needs.
- A nice laptop is provided for you.
- They work hard together, and you’ll always have the invite to join lunches, happy hours, and off-site adventures – or not, as works for you.
- Competitive (commensurate with your experience) salary.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
Deadline for receiving applications: 2nd Sep 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an email alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.