Overall Responsibilities: Evaluate risks in accordance with GA Insurance Ltd laid down Business development and underwriting procedures and to ensure effective and efficient service delivery to customers.
- Direct and control the underwriting team in consultation with the underwriting manager to ensure that it is appropriately motivated and aligned so as to achieve company objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external customers in order to attract and retain profitable business.
- Visit clients in order to retain existing accounts. Build and maintain business relationships and develop new opportunities in support of the company objectives.
- Provide an efficient and effective service to clients through maintenance of healthy and efficient communication by responding promptly to their enquiries.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of competitors by thoroughly analyzing market position, products and rates.
- Maintain all necessary records and processes to ensure that premiums are paid promptly.
- Check and verifying proposal forms, and assessing risk quality to ensure that risks undertaken and assumptions made in the premium calculations conform to the underwriting policy guidelines.
- Ensure competitive quotations and follow-up for closing instructions are prepared in good time.
- In conjunction with reinsurance department, ensure compliance with reinsurance terms, conditions and exclusions.
- Assist in developing and promotion of new products in line with new trends and demand in insurance market.
- Prepare contract terms for clients and ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities in the contract.
- Maintain all necessary records and processes to ensure that premiums are paid promptly and that claims are efficiently processed.
- Check proposal forms to ensure that risks conform to assumptions made in the premium calculations and are within underwriting policy guidelines.
- Agree contract terms with prospect in accordance with company guidelines and policy guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance, Business Administration or Economics.
- ACII or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years underwriting or business development experience.
- In-depth understanding of underwriting process and procedures.
- Superior Communication skills both written and oral.
- Analytical skills.
If you meet the above minimum requirements, send your c.v to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate the position applied for on the email subject line so as to be received on or before 25th August, 2016.