Our client, one of East Africa’s insurance brokerages built upon a clear understanding of the fundamental need of Kenyans, from all walks of life, to have financial protection and investment opportunities is looking to fill the position of a General Manager Brokerage Short Term for their offices based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Gathering information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Foreseeing clients’ insurance needs, such as policy renewals.
- Advising clients on risk management and helping to devise new ways to mitigate risks.
- Arranging specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases.
- Ensuring clients understand the terms & extent of cover provided in line with industry regulation.
- Renewing or amending existing policies.
- Marketing and acquiring new clients.
- Administrative tasks such as paperwork, correspondence and keeping detailed records.
- Winning accounts against competitors.
- Keeping up with changes in the insurance market and in the clients’ industries.
- Business degrees with focus on accounting or finance; business management, economics.
- At least 5 years of work experience with a broking house or insurance company
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have confidence to advise and negotiate with clients and underwriters.
- Ability to build and develop relationships and liaise with clients at all levels.
- Have customer service skills, business acumen and a high level of numeracy.
- The ability to manage your time and to work on a number of projects concurrently.
- Have strong analytical skills, the ability to work well in a team and attention to detail.
- An understanding of client confidentiality and how to be discreet.
- Administrative and IT skills.
Deadline: 30th September 2016
Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya;
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.