This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Construction Specialist to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
Position: Construction Specialist
Job Summary: The Construction Specialist will support the Regional Coordinator in ensuring quality direct construction activities are well monitored, meet the required Quality Assurance and Quality Control specifications as envisaged in the construction workplans and in the documentation of construction progress reports.
- Ensure that all civil activities within the designated areas are well planned, coordinated and be able to utilize all available resources in coordination with other Project Managers in directing and supervising all involved site personnel and subcontractors.
- Leads and ensure all work groups are properly guided, in close cooperation with the Project Manager, in assembling and controlling the required resources (manpower, equipment, materials and tools required)to start and sustain the work efficiency and productivity until the completion of the project.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure conformity with Quality Assurance / Quality control specifications and requirements, Industry Codes, Standards and Procedures, and provides technical advices to resolve problems.
- Advises in determining and procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specific times in order to conform to the workloads, plans and schedules.
- Discusses and reviews with Regional Coordinator the project Key Performance Indicators to determine accurate status of the project, making tactical decisions for allocating resources, and assigning resource requirements, to maintain project on target.
- Review progress reports from on the Construction and forwards to Regional Coordinator and the Senior Projects Officer for corrective actions if project becomes behind schedule or over the budget.
- Performs department on‐boarding and induction relevant to procedures, guidelines, policies, etc.
- Complies with the highest level of health, safety and zero accident during all stages of project execution and pro‐active with safety groups and subcontractors to promote safe and hazardous free work within the designated area.
- Support and assist with skills training programs (if requires), with the aim of increasing artisans skills.
- Discharge other functions as may be delegated.
- Quality oversight on the constructions taking place at regional level.
- Documentation of evidence on various stages of the construction cycle.
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Preferably Licensed Engineer
- Knowledge of civil and structural codes and
- Negotiation and influence skills.
- Strong analytical, research and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- With minimum 5 years significant Industrial, commercial, residential construction experience, with at least 5 years as Construction / Site Manager.
- Practical experience in managing large construction projects.
- Understanding of other disciplines like Electrical, Mechanical, Piping, Instrumentation, Electronics & Communication from site activities point of view.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice monitoring and evaluation systems and procedures
- Experience in supporting programme staff and partners to work with communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Ability to work long and odd hours, including weekends
- High levels of integrity
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to email@example.com to be received by 13th September, 2016.
HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.