This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of ICT & Data Management Coordinator to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
Position: ICT & Data Management Coordinator
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Country Director, ICT & Data Management Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring timely coordination and provision of ICT service to all functions of HFH Kenya, ensuring implementation of well-coordinated systems with sufficient controls, taking lead in recommending / developing systems that support HFH in maximizing business delivery, management of data support systems in the organization and ensuring compliance to applicable internal controls and best practice.
- Formulate, interpret and ensure application of ICT policies, procedures, rules and regulations in line with HFH global and country specific ICT environment. Ensuring that these policies are well articulated to staff and compliance is enforced in liaison with other departments.
- Ensure that information systems offer the highest level of reliability and accuracy while ensuring that data integrity and security is guaranteed. In addition, offering high level of efficient service in terms of data entry, processing and retrieval.
- Prepare and manage annual ICT budget, expenditure, cost reduction and ensure value for money is achieved.
- Develop and implement a secure and effective information sharing and communication platforms across the organization.
- Ensure accurate configuration of branch systems to generate the desired reports
- Provide on-call support for computer/network systems including but not limited to password resets, account creations, account terminations, desktop and laptop configurations and printer support.
- Plan, oversee and co-ordinate the development, installation and support of computing and network support services for Nairobi office and regional network.
- Maintain profiles of HFHK network users and give appropriate security level clearance.
- Maintain and support all the existing computer installations and software and recommend and oversee continuous upgrade of the systems
- Identify the organization’s long term ICT requirements that will support and deliver the organization’s business plans.
- Coordinate and provide leadership for new system development and implementation and current system enhancements and improvement and to review, evaluate and develop proposals for new hardware/software and/or upgrades as appropriate.
- Plan and co-ordinate the analysis design, programming, timely implementation, and testing of all information systems projects.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of state of the art technology, equipment, and/or systems to provide regular updates and reports to the management.
- Oversee and/or participate in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of end user services and integrated information initiatives.
- Work directly with IT vendors to obtain support, repair and warranty information.
- Ensure proactive measures are taken to have uninterrupted services from vendors.
- Establish and maintain a standard data administration and back up policy to facilitate recovery and retrieval.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of HFH Kenya websites.
- Ensures comprehensive and constructive performance reviews are completed on a timely basis and facilitates discussion of performance and career options with staff under your supervision.
- Develop and co-ordinate programs and initiatives to ensure quality ICT / Microsoft systems skills among staff within the organization.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Regular data backups for the Organization.
- Timely support to users in Nairobi and field offices.
- Regular testing and implementation of IT initiatives as agreed with management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology in ICT./Computer Science
- Microsoft qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Membership of a professional ICT body
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and financial analytical skills
- At least 5 years of working experience in a similar position in an NGO or private sector.
- Hands on experience in computerized packages particularly SUN systems and ELOS. Additional programming experience will be an advantage.
- Experience of supporting a Windows environment and Firewalls.
- Experience working with outsourced providers in delivering services based on service level agreements
- Ability to work long and odd hours, including weekends.
- High levels of integrity
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 13th September, 2016.
HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.