This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Senior Programme Support Officer to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
Job Purpose: The Senior Programme Support Officer is responsible for supporting the programmes implementation process in the field and ensuring that the Programmes have the capacity to succeed in their partnership with Habitat for Humanity Kenya in implementing existing programs specifically in terms of group dynamics, building, community facilitation, capacity building, and lending and loan portfolio management.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the Senior Programme Support Officer is responsible for supporting the programmes implementation process in the field and ensuring that the Programmes have the capacity to succeed in their partnership with Habitat for Humanity Kenya in implementing existing programs specifically in terms of group dynamics, building, community facilitation, capacity building, and lending and loan portfolio management.
- Provide essential administrative, financial and operational, programmatic and communications support. Monitor programme progress and budgets against agreed indicators and produce donor reports.
- Provide high quality administrative, logistical and financial support. Support programme implementation in budget monitoring, reporting, monitoring, evaluation and learning. Data entry for loans processing, support proposal development process, volunteer management.
- Provide technical support and contribute towards programme design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- Contribute to develop concept papers, prepare proposals and implementation work plans (including log frames, activity schedules, monitoring and evaluation schedules) for submission to major donors
- Take part in the design of tools and methodologies for delivery of Capacity development activities. The tools include but not limited to assessment tools, training modules and manuals, coaching and mentoring support techniques, reporting templates etc.
- Actively support implementation of strategies that create enabling environment for capacity development.
- Lead and manage the design of training and capacity development materials.
- Oversee the implementation of all lending strategies that are developed to strengthen the sustainability of the revolving fund.
- Oversee the input of loans data into the MIS system to facilitate tracking and reconciliations of loans portfolio.
- Monitor Mortgage/loan collections by ensuring actions in line with HFHK mission are taken against defaulters.
- Ensure that group savings are collected and banked as per the policy.
- Frequent Review loan applications from the regions and recommend for final approval.
- Conduct regular field visits to assess the adherence to business processes, policy and workplans.
- Supervision of savings and loan reconciliation exercise.
- Follow-up with field officers on defaulting clients.
- Authorize in loan recovery exercise at the regional offices.
- Field Imprest approvals based on the policy relating to spending.
- Provide technical assistance and take leadership in monitoring project activities to ensure that they are implemented in a systematic and timely manner to follow work plan targets, achieve technical requirements and complete deliverables in accordance with subproject agreements and budgets.
- Liaise with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to conduct periodic regional evaluations to assess the accuracy and integrity of HFHK partnerships and groups.
- Conduct periodic Monitoring and Evaluation of all existing programmes to ensure that implementation is on course as per agreed work plans and approved proposals.
- Working with the programme teams and the Monitoring and Evaluation Officers, prepare monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports and other reports as required
- Review all the weekly reports and meeting reports and forward payment receipts to finance office.
- Provide programme update and information as required to senior management to assist with dissemination of information and preparation of donor reports
- Monitor the monthly reconciliation of all groups and regional office financial reports between the Finance Officer and the Programme Assistant, ensuring that Regional portfolio reports and loans tracking system are completely reconciled with each other.
- Linking the Regional offices and the National office to have an integrated programme implementation.
- Participate actively in contributing to documentation of “success stories” and other anecdotal information to enhance the overall quality of performance reports to the donors
- Ensures comprehensive and constructive performance reviews are completed on a timely basis and facilitates discussion of performance and career options with staff under your supervision.
- Direct supervision of the Programme Assistant, Capacity Development Officer and the Volunteer Engagement Officer.
- Discharge other functions as may be delegated.
- Monthly programme reports.
- Input to development of Proposals.
- A first degree in Community / Programme development, Economics, Business or related field.
- A post graduate qualification in program/project design, development and management will be an added advantage.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and financial analytical skills
- Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Strong analytical, research and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- At least 5 years’ programme/project management experience. .
- Relevant experience in community development, private sector development (microfinance institutions).
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing innovative Housing programs.
- Experience providing technical support and advisory services.
- Experience in developing and nurturing strategic partnerships.
- Experienced participant monitoring, budgeting and maintaining client relationships in a complex, deadline-oriented environment preferred.
- Ability to work long and odd hours, including weekends
- High levels of integrity
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 13th September, 2016.
HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.