We are looking for candidates to fill the following position in our esteemed organisation:
Handyman / Plumber
Primary Purpose of the Job: To provide technical support with regard to reactive maintenance and planned preventative maintenance on plant and equipment, within the service level requirements.
Level of Authority: Has the authority to execute all Key Performance Areas as stated on this form.
Education / Experience / Qualifications / Skill Requirements
- Minimum Form 4.
Job related work experience
- 3 years maintenance experience in Electrical and Plumbing.
- Good knowledge of electrical fixtures, fittings, repairs and maintenance thereof.
- Knowledge of tools and materials used in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations.
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Good people skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and control own work effort.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate well.
Key Performance Areas
- Perform a wide variety of tasks involving the use of different hand tools in the area of electrical, carpentry, plumbing, painting, and facility maintenance and repair.
- Perform maintenance and repair of facilities, including pumps, generators, and other equipment.
- Perform repaving, patching, overlaying, and crack sealing repair of asphalt.
- Undertake planned preventative maintenance tasks allocated by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Undertake planned reactive maintenance tasks and repairs allocated by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure that best operating practice is applied when undertaking maintenance tasks/repairs.
- Provide a list of required materials to Maintenance Supervisor to enable successful execution of maintenance tasks.
- Assist in keeping the workshops clean and tidy at all times.
- Perform minor repairs to all plumbing fixtures and fittings.
- Perform carpentry tasks as required.
- Perform minor electrical tasks as required.
- Complete and issue time sheets to Maintenance Supervisor on a weekly basis.
Site Specific Objectives
- Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Standards
- Adhere to the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Management System’s Policies & Procedures of as applicable to this position.
- Any reasonable action requested by management.
The following primary competencies are required for effective job performance:
- Must be energetic.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Must be approachable.
- Must be self-motivated and team oriented.
- Must be friendly, polite and helpful when dealing with customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be service oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be act quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
How to Apply
Email your application and CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 2nd September 2016