Responsibilities (Functions and duties)
- Coordinate and monitor work flow of various sections involved in production, storage and distribution; while ensuring product specifications are well observed and maintained.
- Plan and generate weekly production schedules against stocks at hand to ensure smooth work flow with minimum or no interruptions; and make necessary adjustments to meet production requirements.
- Periodically review set targets to analyze section efficiency against projected Company requirements.
- Evaluate current operational performance and provide strategic plans for continuous improvement.
- Monitor, evaluate and analyze section performance on a weekly basis against set targets and account for variances realized; and estimate hourly requirements for completion of set Production.
- Ensure efficient manpower allocation and utilization to ensure set targets are achieved and surpassed.
- Provide solutions for identified problems in operations in a prompt and timely manner.
- Oversee and supervise product distribution by ensuring that routing is done and scheduled efficiently against approved and processed orders.
- Review dispatches done and generate analysis reports on orders facilitated, pending deliveries, damages incurred during delivery; and implement strategies for continuous improvement.
- Generate variance data of actual production against set targets; and maintain proper records of Production on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with the Dispatch Clerk to ensure timely vehicle fueling, order assembly and loading, and vehicle dispatches are facilitated to enable completion of delivery schedules.
- Make timely requisition of materials for scheduled production.
- Coordinate with the PG Stores Clerk to ensure that timely batching is done to ensure availability of packaging material to adequately cater for production.
- Supervise the production process periodically, in liaison with the Quality Team to ensure set quality standards are strictly adhered to.
- Coordinate with the Production Supervisor on transfer of finished goods from the Production Area to the Stores in liaison with the FG Stores Clerk to ensure proper goods handling to avoid damages.
- Supervise and coordinate cleaning process, in liaison with the Quality Team to ensure hygiene standards are fully observed to enhance Food Safety.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the Head Sections to review performance realized and formulate strategies to be adopted for the next week of production.
- Communicate, interpret and enforce Company policies, rules and regulations; in liaison with the HR Dept. to ensure discipline is observed.
- Draft, implement and enforce policies and procedures structured for Production & Operations; and maintain documents and records for reference and traceability purposes.
- Monitor staff performance and attendance periodically and offer suggestions on areas of improvement noted.
- Maintain and ensure a conducive working environment observing hygiene and safety; and report risks/hazards identified in the Production Area to Management.
- Ensure accountability, proper handling and utilization of resources provided – tools, equipment and machinery.
- Monitor and supervise process flows in Production including machinery maintenance and service.
- Ensure that staff are in full required PPE while in the Production area to ensure Health and Food Safety.
- Monitor and encourage employees to ensure sustained morale and increased output.
- Generate and submit timely reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to the Directors.
- Any other duties not necessarily mentioned which are in line with the position as a Production & Operations Coordinator.
- Planning, coordinating and organizing skills.
- Mature with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Result oriented, assertive and proactive.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- 3 – 5 years experience in a supervisory capacity in a Milling Manufacturing setup.
- Experience in the FMCG an added advantage.
- Degree/ Diploma in Food Production/ Management or relevant field.
- Computer proficiency especially Excel.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2307”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2307, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 2nd September 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.