Vacancy: Human Resource & Training Manager
Our client is a leading social enterprise operating in the livestock sector in Kenya with the aim of revolutionizing the provision of livestock and veterinary services to pastoralists and farmers in Kenya by creating a more sustainable service delivery model.
With over 4 year’s business presence in Kenya and with over 85 franchises and 95 outlets all over the country, they are looking for an experienced HR and Training manager to develop organizational HR and training strategy, oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes.
The company seeks to build a strong culture of excellent customer service delivered by highly motivated staff and partners.
Job Purpose / Summary: The HR and Training Manager will be responsible for ensuring customers receive excellent service from capable, motivated and loyal staff and partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve HR strategy to ensure the recruitment, development and retention of staff and franchisee staff building a strong culture of excellent service standards
- Drive Staff engagement levels and productivity
- Together with line managers you will identify training and developmental needs and drive suitable training initiatives that deliver excellent customer service standards and build loyalty to the company. The aim is to enhance employees’ and franchise partners’ skills, performance, productivity and quality of work.
- Managing personnel records and payroll inputs
- Ensure that management teams promote and follow good HR practice across the company
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods
- Ensure staff have effective induction and orientation training
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them
- Maintain a keen understanding of HR and training trends, developments and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management
- Over 5 years’ proven work experience as a HR and Training manager
- Experience in job evaluation and grading
- Experience in Performance and reward management
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong report writing and record keeping ability
- Good computer and database skills
- Business focus and acumen
- Person of integrity
Salary Budget: Kshs. 348,000 Basic plus benefits
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through email@example.com on the vacancy before close of business 22nd August 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.